Friday, November 9, 2007

Long & Shannon 09.29.07

While Josh was up in Washington photographing another wedding, I was here in Portland photographing Shannon and Long's wedding last month with our good friend Jonathan. I have never photographed a Vietnamese wedding so the experience was wonderful. I love to see other cultures and learn about their traditions and Shannon and Long's friends and family made me feel so welcome day long.

Things got started very early and went long into the night. I arrived at Shannon's house for the first ceremony at 7am. Shannon was nervous as she prepared for the day, but she looked amazing! A couple times, I caught her anxiously looking out the window waiting for her groom and his family to arrive so the ceremony could begin. Once Long arrived with his family and groomsmen, the day began and Shannon became so happy as she saw him for the first time.

After the ceremonies all morning, Jonathan and I headed downtown with the wedding party to snap some shots before the reception. Once the reception began, it went all night long! There were toasts and food, music and dancing... to say the least, Shannon and Long have friends that know how to party!

I had a wonderful time getting to know Shannon and Long and I am so honored to have joined them on their wedding day. I'm very thankful for the whole experience! Enjoy some of my favorites below along with a link to their slideshow.

CLICK HERE FOR SLIDESHOW




















No comments: